Sunday, January 5, 2014

January 4 Link Round-up

Yeah, so you can buy pot in Colorado now.  If you've been living under a rock this would be news to you.

And now on to the interesting news:

Chicago Natural History Museum blogger stands up to internet sexism mysogynistic bullying. (Be sure to watch the video!)

Islamic women want equality without giving up their religion: The Rise of Islamic Feminists

Hemant Mehta has advice for the pastor who is trying out atheism for a year.  So do his many commenters.  My advice:  Remind yourself constantly that nobody can read your mind.  That is the greatest freedom I've found since embracing atheism - not worrying that my random thoughts will be eavesdropped on and judged.

The atheist columnist for Religion News Service lists top 10 atheist stories ("defining moments") of 2013.

The local Muncie paper reports on allegations of favoritism being shown toward intelligent design proponent Gonzalez.  Perhaps innuendo is more correct, but last year's ID controversy seemed to take on another dimension when he was hired.

Video of the week: Anubis 2814 wonders if we're seeing the end of youtube atheism's heyday.  Lots of shout-outs, and I'll try out some of the channels he mentions.  I have unsubscribed to The Amazing Atheist and The Cult of Dusty.  They went too far off-topic for me.  (Does anyone care how much pot Dusty smokes?)  So I'll take a look at some of the youtubers mentioned here:






2 comments:

Infidel753 said...

Islamic women want equality without giving up their religion

I want to be free of hangovers without giving up binge drinking.

L.Long said...

DAMN!!!!
I was going to make a comment on ....'Islamic women want equality without giving up their religion:'....
But Infidel has done it best!!!