Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bragging about child abuse? Pastor claims to have converted a kid by punching him

In other news:

Bullying Kids for Jesus:

A pastor at the Bible Baptist Church in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey is coming under fire after his church posted a video of him claiming to have converted a “smart aleck” youth by “punching him in the chest as hard as I could.”

Pastor Eric Dammann begins by saying that he met a young man in Calgary named “Ben,” who was “a nice kid, but one of those — he was a real smart aleck. He was a bright kid, which didn’t help things — made him more dangerous.”

“We were outside one day at youth group,” Dammann continues, “and he was just trying to push my buttons. He was just kind of not taking the Lord serious [sic].”


“So I walked over to him and went BAM! Punched him in the chest as hard as I could. I crumpled the kid. I just crumpled him.”

“Then I leaned over and said, ‘Ben, when are you going to stop playing games with God?’ I led that man to the Lord right there,” he concludes.

Isn't that charming? Here's the video where he brags about it:

4 comments:

L.Long said...

I see nothing 'wrong' with this guy. By wrong I mean his actions based on the book o'BS he believes. He is totally moral. Which just goes to show how awful his buyBull is.
But the preacher is also a coward as I'm sure he met many men who were just as non-respectful of his imaginary friend. But then he may not have wanted his nose broken.

LadyAtheist said...

The sucker-punch is not prohibited by the 10 commandments!

Woody said...

I find this Pastor's actions very offensive, does that give me the right to act violently in protest?!
I find skate-boarders with their caps turned around backwards offensive, should I not react violently to this?!
As peaceful as I am in reality, i'm sure everyone is getting my meaning.

Christian said...

The way he relates this story with no shame is the really shocking part. It really is as if he thinks there is nothing wrong with punching a kid in the stomach. I know a few parents that if they found out the pastor had punched their kid would be punching back. BTW, I am not placing blame on the parents.

This guy is a hick.