Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Atheist Experience Classic!

The latest episode had a classic caller and classic closer.  Apparently it even attracted the attention of the Huffington Post!  For those without the patience to watch the whole painful thing, here's the gist:  Shane from Phoenix claims to have a proof of god via morality, but his ideas are all over the place and he keeps moving the goalposts, resorting to straw man arguments, and in general being a very poor debater.

Tracey's final point is the closer to close all closers:

"If I were in a position to prevent a child from being raped, I'd intervene.  That's what makes me different from your god."

2 comments:

Chatpilot said...

I actually saw this episode in its entirety and was impressed with Matt the patience displayed by the atheists. This callers reasoning was completely unreasonable and irrational. I would've probably hung up on his ass!

L.Long said...

I listened to this about 2hrs ago and the caller was like most xtains who try to rationalize their BS.
Once they start running into the brick wall of rational thought they get really silly...possibly brain damage from hitting the wall.